Invisible Cities Thumbnails (Baucis)



Here are some more of my thumbnails for our Project Invisible Cities, Focusing on the city Baucis.
 I imagined this city to be like the Elven Kingdom, Lothlorien in Lord of the rings, giving the city that mystical vibe and that fantasy element to it. 
I however also imagined it as a city of tree house all made in unique and different ways so it created a mismatched appearance.

I like my second page of thumbnails more than my first as I like the lightness of my line and my use of grey to show different parts of the drawing so it isn't one mess of lines. 

Comments

  1. A quick tip - try and stop yourself from thinking about buildings as being 'cubes' with pointed roofs - like those little houses in Monopoly. Logically, I suspect that if the architects of Baucis were using trees and organic materials in terms of construction, I don't think they'd be building with right angles etc... wouldn't they be thinking a bit more like this?

    http://www.designindaba.com/articles/interviews/nesting-instinct

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Invisible Cities Thumbnails (Armilla)

Invisible Cities Thumbnails (Ersilla)